Friday, October 10, 2008

Left- Handed guitar


Picked up my guitar yesterday... had to have it strung left- handed so it took a while longer. I'm so happy with it though- brought it to my lesson yesterday. The light steel strings are pretty tough and it could have been better strung but otherwise it's perfect =] For the start, anyway.
The weird thing is though, I can play a good few chords right handed already, stuff I've learnt off jamming with other people but I always told myself if I took it up I'd learn it left- handed because it's different. And easier because I write with my left hand, obviously.


Jimi Hendrix played a right-handed Fender Stratocaster upside-down and left-handed. And he still managed to become on of the greatest guitarists of all time. Kurt Cobain was also left handed but used a specially strung guitar, like what I'm doing. So, to all the people that told me I'm just causing myself problems learning it differently, look at all the musicians out there that made it. Maybe Hendrix wouldn't have been as great as he was if he'd just learnt guitar like everything else. It's the music that matters.



No comments: