Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Blog

Hey..

I'm fifteen and have just taken up guitar. I've wanted to take it up for a long time and thought I'd write about how it goes or whatever..



I already play piano and flute so I can read sheet music. This is pretty much useless with guitar though as most people choose to read from tabs which is like basically chords and is read differently. It's like not knowing anything at all and starting at the beginning all over again.



Since this is for geography class I'll probably do some research on where the guitar comes from and how it originated as well as looking at the type of music the guitar was originally created to play. It has evolved to become a universal instrument famed for it's prime involvement in popular music and modern and classic rock as well as the majority of modern genres. It is such an important instrument and, for me, I think it is one of the most important instruments to learn after the piano if you want to write and play music.



As well as this I'll probably post links and pictures that will help anyone else learning or interesting stuff I've learnt.. xD

Got my guitar yesterday.. a basic black Westwood guitar.. so am hopefully on the way =]



Larissa x

2 comments:

jed said...

u cant handle the truth

Kathryns-Geog-Blog said...

hahahah Larissa. Ledge